Gamechangers is a volunteering and citizenship programme that targets low income and BME communities in London and the West Midlands. The programme is funded by Nike via its Sport and Social Change Network investment, Laureus Sport For Good Foundation as part of our wider strategic partnership and central government via its Vinspired initiative.
Gamechangers participants are supported in delivering projects for community benefit in the following ways:
- Induction into volunteering roles and responsibilities.
- Identification of an issue or initiative that can be addressed to benefit the wider community.
- Planning the activity or programme
- Additional skills based training
- Delivery of the project
- Evaluation of the project
Examples of projects delivered have included youth-led anti-racism projects, community and school sports days and support for local voluntary sector organisations in supporting vulnerable members of the community.
An evaluation of the Gamechangers initiative will be published in June 2012.